| Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is The Journey Fellowship for Students about?
The Journey Fellowship for Students is about exposing students to career options working with youth and providing meaningful personal exploration and development experiences. The program provides resources for students to plan and complete an internship experience at an Indiana youth-serving organization.
2. Who can I apply for The Journey Fellowship for Students?
Any student majoring in related fields, attending an Indiana college or university, who plans to remain in-state May through August.
3. What are the requirements for participation?
As a Student Fellow you agree to attend the following scheduled events:
- March: 3-Day Discovery Retreat
- May-August: 150-Hour Internship
- May: 3-Day Exploration Retreat
- August: 3-Day Celebration Retreat
As an intern you will successfully complete 150-hours of work at an Indiana youth-serving agency. Interns are expected to document their internship experience and duties through brief Midway and Final Reflections.
4. Will The Journey provide an internship for me?
No, The Journey does not provide internships. It is up to the student to plan for and pursue an internship opportunity that meets desired goals and outcomes. The Journey helps students by providing support, guidance and information resources that can help you have a successful internship experience.
5. Where are the internships located?
Internships are completed at a non-profit and faith-based youth-serving organization in Indiana.
6. How long do the internships run?
Interns are required to work 150-hours to successfully complete an internship. It is up to the Student Fellow and his or her interning organization to set starting and ending dates for the internship.
7. How is the internship stipend awarded?
Stipends are divided into three payments: $500 once the Midway Report is turned in; $250 after submitting the Final Report and $250 at the Celebration Retreat.
8. Are internships available for school credit?
While The Journey is unable to offer course credit directly for being a Student Fellow, we will work with students to identify opportunities to receive credit for your participation in the program.
9. What is the application deadline? 10. How do I apply?
Applications are accepted on a rolling basis beginning September 1.
Please visit this site in the fall of the year for information about the program for the coming year.